Roof Cleaning & Softwashing Services
Most homeowners understand the investment that they are making when having a new roof put on their home. Barring a major catastrophe, or extreme environmental occurrence that the roof will last between 20 and 30 years.
The best way to extend your roof’s life and minimize the development of these invasive microorganisms is by having your roof professionally cleaned regularly. In particular, softwashing is the industry recommended way to clean your roof, especially asphalt or cedar shingle roofs, as this method protects delicate surfaces and property sanitizes microorganisms.
Microorganisms develop on your roof gradually eating away at the delicate roofing materials leaving behind holes, cracked seals, and organism growth issues. Softwashing uses an environmentally safe detergent that sanitizes and kills roof microorganisms, including:
- Lichen (Small individually unique living micro-organisms that spawn from algae and live among fungus)
Regular cleaning and roof softwashing are especially important if your roof has a lot of shaded areas or your home faces either north or west as these situations provide the ideal conditions for this type of growth to begin forming. Clean and Clear offers professional softwashing and roof cleaning in the Twin Cities. Let us help you transform your roof.
Minneapolis, MN Roof Cleaning: Before & After
Our Roof Cleaning Service Working Procedure
- It is important to remember when cleaning or having your roof cleaned that the materials used to build your roof are delicate, some more than others depending on the kind of roof that you have, and they need to be treated accordingly.
- Our team uses a soft-washing process for roof cleanings that relies on low-pressure and a cleaning detergent. The detergents we use are water-based and environmentally friendly and safe to use around your property.
- We work diligently to protect your plants and landscape throughout this process and even offer a PH and Nutrient Protectant for your plants (Ask about this during your scheduling process).
Industry-Recommended Roof Cleaning with Softwash
Roofs are very delicate, and that’s why an aggressive form of cleaning like a high-pressure wash aren’t recommended for roofs. In fact, according to the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA), a low-pressure softwash is recommended to pressure washing; pressure washing is strongly discouraged by the ARMA for asphalt roofs.
Softwashing is safer for roofs of all types of materials. In addition to asphalt roofing, softwashing is ideal for tiles, tar flat roofs and cedar shake shingles.
One reason softwashing is so effective: It uses a biosafe detergent to more effectively sanitizes and kill mold, mildew, algae and moss. The result is a faster, deeper clean with long-lasting results.
We are experienced in cleaning all different styles and pitches of roofs including:
- Asphalt Shingles
- Cedar Shake
- Flat Membrane Roofs
- And more
We would be happy to put together a complimentary estimate for you today.
- When you call, one of our friendly and knowledgeable employees will be happy to walk you through the process, help to get you set-up with your free estimate, as well as schedule your roof cleaning. What you can expect from us is:
- So, give us a call today to receive your Free Estimate and get on the road to a more structurally sound and longer lasting roof.
Ready to Book?
Ready to Book?
Ready to Book?
Exterior property cleaning
We take pride in having top quality cleaning systems and employee training in all areas of our services. Our outstanding customer service and satisfaction has earned the trust of thousands of home and business owners throughout our Minnesota service area since our company began.