Windows Hard Water Stain Removal Service
If so, hard water stains are a likely culprit. A common issue on improperly maintained windows, hard water stains result from mineral deposits that occur naturally. When water evaporates after cleaning or a rain storm, minerals cling to the glass, and if they aren’t removed, they can etch or build up on the window. Over time, hard water stains become exceedingly difficult to remove.
The good news: Your windows CAN be restored, and these tough stains can be removed. Looking for a window cleaning company that can help? Call Clean and Clear. We specialize in hard water stain removal in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.
Don’t even think about replacing your property’s windows. Let us help you restore that brand-new window shine and get rid of stains, spots, window scum and cloudiness for good! Call now for a free estimate or to request more information about our service.
What Is a Hard Water Stain?
Water supplies for municipalities in the Twin Cities area typically contain some mineral content. When water that has a higher-than-average mineral content – so-called “hard water” – evaporates on glass, many of these minerals cling and stay behind. Most commonly, window spots are caused by calcium, but other minerals like sodium and magnesium can also be problematic.
Regularly having your windows professionally cleaned is a sure-fire way to prevent spotting. But if these minerals are allowed to sit on the window long-term, the minerals will etch and “bake into” the glass, becoming more and more difficult to remove. In fact, due to a chemical reaction, hard water stains actually become a part of the glass. Some common causes of hard water stains include:
- Irrigation or sprinklers spraying on the windows
- Irregular window cleaning
- Gutter and water leaks
- Using excessively hard water for cleaning (e.g. in Minnetonka, water measures 18 grains per gallon (gpg) which is 4x above the average)
- Acid Rain
- Metal oxidation from metal window frames and components
Ultimately, hard water stains look like whiteish clouds on the exterior glass that can resemble soap scum. At first, they can be removed using household cleaning supplies. But if they’ve been allowed to sit, you’ll likely need a professional window cleaning company to remove the stains.
Our Hard Water Stain Removal Services
Clean and Clear specializes in hard water spot removal. In particular, we utilize gentle cleaning tools and solutions to protect your window’s surfaces. We guarantee:
- Expertise: Clean and Clear’s window cleaning team has experience in quickly and safely removing hard water stains. We’ve worked throughout the Twin Cities, and have seen these stains caused for all reasons, including oxidation, acid rain, and faulty sprinkler systems.
- Proper Tools: We use gentle, window-safe brushes, squeegees and lightly abrasive clothes to free-up and removal mineral deposits. This ensures your windows aren’t scratched.
- Proper Cleaning Solutions: A lightly abrasive cleaner is best for water stains. We avoid abrasive cleaners that can damage the paint and hardware around your windows.
An Ounce of Prevention.
Proper window maintenance and cleaning is the No. 1 most effective way to prevent hard water stains. Schedule a recurring window cleaning with Clean and Clear today. And say goodbye to hard water problems!
Window Stain Removal for All Types of Properties
Clean and Clear provides hard water stain removal for both commercial and residential clients. And we provide window cleaning in all areas of the Twin Cities, including Minneapolis, St. Paul, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park and Plymouth. We provide cleaning for:
- Multi-story Homes
- Apartment complexes
- Retail stores and shops
- Healthcare facilities
- Office buildings
Let us help you restore luster to your property’s windows. Contact Clean and Clear for a free quote for hard water removal for your property. We’ll provide a per-window price for the entire project. Call now or schedule an appointment online.
Ready to Book?
Ready to Book?
Ready to Book?
Exterior property cleaning
We take pride in having top quality cleaning systems and employee training in all areas of our services. Our outstanding customer service and satisfaction has earned the trust of thousands of home and business owners throughout our Minnesota service area since our company began.