The Minneapolis area is one of the most beautiful places to live in the US. We enjoy (for the most part, anyway), four very distinct seasons. As we revel in the beauty, we who live here are aware of the weather and seasons.
We know about potential home damage caused by wind and extreme temperatures. Fewer people are aware that one of the most potentially damaging things to homes is clogged and dirty gutters. Fortunately, this danger is easily fixed and eliminated with regular Gutter Cleaning.
6 Big Reasons Why Gutter Cleaning is Important
You can often tell by looking at your gutters and around them that it’s time for a cleaning. They fill with leaves, sticks, and other debris that spreads over the sides, onto the roof, and onto the ground below. You want your home to look nice, and gutter cleaning is an important part of that. Beyond aesthetics, though, there are bigger reasons to clean your gutters.
- Minnesota has amazing wildlife and beautiful places for the wildlife to reside. Your gutters aren’t one of them. A clogged gutter is nesting (and breeding) ground for all sorts of rodents and insects. Keep them out by keeping your gutters clean.
- Clogged gutters can mean significant home damage. Filled gutters block the flow of water. When water can’t flow where it’s supposed to, it will seek out its own path. A Fox News Real Estate report points out that this path can be down the interior walls of your home and/or into ceilings where it will start to mold and rot the wood.
- Dirty gutters can also cause water to pour over the edge, cascading to the ground like a waterfall. There, water can pool around your home’s foundation and leak into the basement.
- Clean gutters are essential year-round. That water pooled around your foundation? When it freezes, it can expand and create cracks in the foundation. These cracks allow water to seep in when the snow and ice begin to melt.
- The charming-looking icicles that form and hang from the roofline in the winter form form because of clogged gutters. Many people enjoy the beauty of these icicles without realizing the structural damage they can cause. The ice expands and pushes against the house. Under enough pressure and expansion, damage is done and fun little paths are made for more water to leak inside.
- Cleaning gutters is necessary for the gutters themselves. The debris that builds up becomes heavy, especially when it’s wet. This weakens the gutters, putting them at risk to come crashing down onto things you don’t want them crashing onto.
Gutter Guards Make It Easier to Keep Gutters Clear and Safe
A simple way to prevent a massive buildup of leaves, debris, and animals in your gutter is to use gutter guards. Gutter guards are coverings that keep leaves and other objects out of the gutter but allow water to flow in and down as it should. Using gutter guards can reduce the time you need to spend maintaining your gutters will also minimizing the risk of damage to your home caused by clogged gutters.
There is a variety of gutter guards available. We use SlimGuard because we like the benefits it offers, the ease of installation, and the all-weather durability. Here in Minnesota, we need home products designed for all weather conditions!
Want Clean Gutters but Don’t Want to Do It? We Can Help You
Buying the right type of ladder (and storing it when not in use), climbing up to the roof, and plucking leaves and twigs out of your gutter may not sound like your definition of fun. Or perhaps it does sound fun, but you don’t feel like risking time and money spent in the ER from a fall. Or this year, you might simply not have time. Whatever your reason, we can get this job done for you.
Clean and Clear is a local company of dedicated professionals with the tools, knowledge, and experience to take care of the home you live in. Gutter cleaning is among the many services that we offer to keep you enjoying your home.
The Minnesota outdoors is great right where it belongs. It’s best kept in nature and out of our gutters, walls, ceilings, and basements. Proper gutter cleaning will keep you home a great place for you and your family to live and enjoy life in.
The windows are so clean & bright. The Tech cleaned the screens, the sills & did not leave any water spills at all! Great work.
All in all a great experience!
in person of Madam Charlotte Campbell who really helped me to invest and managed my trade account.
She is very honest and diligent in her work. All I did was invest $1000 and within 7 days she made $6,800
profit for me. You can also invest safely with her and come back to thank me later. there are no hidden
charges, and withdrawals are made directly to your bank account.
Contact her via
WhatsApp: +1 (850) 848-0662
Very nice workers!!
Darius was on time and polite and courteous. I would highly recommend clean and clear. Thanks for making my windows sparkle!
Cute with our kids 🥰
Did a great job!
Good job, nice and quick!
The windows and screens are clean. They even put all of the screens back after cleaning them.
Will definitely call them back each spring.
This year, we decided to use them for our exterior Christmas Lighting needs. Wow... they did such a great job!! Their customer service is wonderful, they are quick to put you on their schedules, and because we were new to hiring a company to hang our lights, they provided us with several options, quotes, and ultimately listened to what we wanted and put their expertise to work. They had easily an 8 hour day, and worked so hard to the very end to ensure we were satisfied. They honestly did such a great job 👏. It far exceeded our expectations!! We love how our home turned out!!
I would highly recommend using Clean and Clear. I know we will continue to use them for years to come!!
Updated! The removal process of the lights was effortless. I didn’t even know they were here until the job was complete! I appreciate how quiet they were due to it being naptime and I have a home childcare. Very pleased and will use them again!
said would take 2 to 3 hours, not here more than 20 minutes.
after guys left we had to take bottom at neck to clean leaves out.
I had to clean deck off .
I called the office at 12:15pm to find out. The person on the phone said someone would get back to me soon.
No phone call so I called again at 1:25pm. On hold for five minutes.
Was told Liam would call me back, but I just told the person on the phone to cancel my appointment.
1:30pm: received a call from Clean & Clear that my appointment was never booked despite receiving a confirmation email.
This info would have been HELPFUL when I called at 12:15.
Offered to come on Monday...nope.😾
I would definitely recommend
Nice work and thank you
Exterior property cleaning
We take pride in having top quality cleaning systems and employee training in all areas of our services. Our outstanding customer service and satisfaction has earned the trust of thousands of home and business owners throughout our Minnesota service area since our company began.